Thursday, 9 December 2010

Second 20 Thumbnails - adding to progress

For My new 20 i have looked further in to the story value and how I can make a viewer percieve an open ended storyline such as Tableau Vivant suggest. For me a key moment in movies is the 'CLIFF HANGER' As at the end of the story we don' know what going to happen. What will happen next? For me evidence of this can be seen in movie such as the classic 'Italien Job' or even the final seconds of 'Blade Runner'. So my new 20 have looked on attempting to perfect perspective in previous seen and develop a story which has know begining or no ending in fact. It leave the viewer to imagine. My idea therefore has gone back an forth between to major uncanny elements. Human stereoypes and the noose. My intial instinct for people to feel uncomfortable at a train station would be 'GANGS' or in pure young adult/kids language 'CHAV'. What is more scary to someone when you see the shadows or even a silhouette of hood figures. Espeacially on your own. Nerve racking. So alot of scene will have shadows. The Noose is a thought that I had when think of the uncanny and as element, it has many iconic mean throughout history. Mainly death. For this reason the idea of a noose in most environmets can mean uncanny. As individuals I believe they are quite strong pieces but at the same time I believe that together it's over kill. Never the less opinion will be appericated. Here the next 20:


Following this progressI am going to step to a final 20 after tomorrows work shops. I have enough to obviously bring many vision to matte painting but I want to take this to the next step. Push m self alittle bit further. Hopefully with some colour versions I will be able to do so. I want to have my final 20 done by sunday so that I can progress on matte painting and possible development of 3D elemnts.

No comments:

Post a Comment