Thursday, 21 October 2010

My Final Self Portrait

When looking at the comments from phil in regards to texture and lighting I took a couple of layer to dark and modify the creature to look more in pain and eing taken over. teh dissappointing flaw was the mouth which is contrasting even with the alteration made. Here are the final cuts:

I feel taht have now achieved the depth and the underwater effect. plus the actual body looks a more play green and can be associated with the lampery as the creature takes over the body. This is what i had in mind as I wanted to follow Cronenbergs' ideas of DNA horror

Life drawing past mid crtic...

These five weeks have been full of possibilities when coming to life drawing and shown me the good and bad points of my ability to draw and be creative.In some ways it has affected the way my final portrait has come out.

Targeting certain body Parts:

Full body figure:

Full body figure:

Apologies for the mess this was one of my favourite that I drew but the charcoal drawing made prior to this one damage the drawings of the model.

When Chris wasn't in we did some more abstract drawings which we made in a group event and by not looking at the canvas. 

Following that we went on to draw some model s after to test are skills with drawing proportionally.

Once completeing the sketch we then continued to further our investigation into charcoal and ability to apply shading easily.

My facial expression...

The expressions of the face in my final portrait was an issue for me. Therefore I used a sample pictures of my self to depict the facial expressions of pain and the uses it has to display the power of the lampery's ability to take over my body.

With these images I was able to identify the creases and the bulges in the face when screwed up in pain. From these picture I use a new layer in Photoshop to paint these features in to my creation effectivily allowing me to work out shadows and highlights on the orginal scene of my portrait.

Wacom Head Poses - Lampery. Possibilities

So after recieveing the critc on the wednesday I look for ideas onhow to shape the head and whether or not to have my head full lampery or 1/2 of each. These are a couple of idea which have allowed me to look further into this and in result figure out shading eye shape and what not to do with the Lampery. Also in this wacom lesson we used brushes to add detail.

Still I wasn't happy with this so I decided to go back to the drawing bored hit the sketch book to create the designs. I started at looking at postion which where challenging and abit more full body.

After choosing a pose that I was happy with (the strugling poses).  and then looked at the best head view for me to begin my design process. By taking photos of me and using them to illustrate myself. My thoughts then went further into looking at my party photo as well as Front, Side and On Diagonal.

I like the idea of an angle as I have always struggled and looked at more flat side views and front views. As you can see I had ticked the them as my best drawings. Still I wanted a challenge and took the diagonal pose as a way to further my skills.

As previously stated I have looked into the underlying structure and found nothing but cartilage so I follow the idea opf a tumour when developing the body. I also look into the muscles and how they are effected yet if a tumour this wouldn't be much. but when looking at the skull where I had decide the Lampery to head to come I looked at the ear and thought it best that as the biggest group of cartildge in the human body it would be ideal to house the lampery's head. therefore I looked at the skull and erode the ear to make way for the lampery head. From here I used the 3/4 view as my challenge to create the final piece.

Before fully looking into the development I then concerntrated on the Lampery's key features (such as the mouth, the long slender body and the jawless mouth. Also the eye was of an importance to me as I wanted it to take over my human eye as if the lampery tumour was slowly taking over my body.

Finally, I put this down on to paper and made the image i would use in photoshop to digitally paint.

From hear I went on to developing my image in photoshop.

3D design work

Well, I love Maya as annoying and complicated as it can get the final outcomes has turn out pretty good. Here is the full 5 weeks of renders all has been completed and will be put on a DVD=R for Friday:


 Magnifying Glass



Common Shaders

Chips Gold,Silver and Bronze

Hi, Alan this link is to the Rocket animation I have made on Youtube. I have attempted to embed but it hasn't worked. This is the same for the Robot animation. the links are below:

Bottle Render


Occlusion layer


Photoshoped rendered layer

Here some I put ttogether not as high quality but I thouht I try my hand a some polygon modelling.